Our editors independently research, select, and recommend the best products. Some of these may be affiliate based, meaning we earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you) if items are purchased.
Science describes water as a colorless and tasteless liquid generated by the clouds in the form of rain and stored in seas, lakes, and streams. Equally, scholars perceive water as the earth’s biggest component required for the growth and sustainability of all living things.
Bottled or tap water is from treating rainwater. The mass treatment makes bottled and tap water not clean enough for drinking. Studies have revealed the ugly side of drinking bottled and tap water and so everyone should take caution.
Before drinking bottled or tap water, pass it through a water cooler, water filter pitcher or any other dispensing system. Water coolers enhance the quality of drinking water by eliminating all toxic and harmful components.
Our best water cooler reviews have 10 of the leading units that you can install in your home or office.
Are you in a hurry? If you don’t have time to read our article, then please use the links below to quickly find the best water cooler dispenser for you on Amazon.
Top 3 Water Cooler Dispenser – Top Picks
- Premium Pick: Primo Bottom Loading Hot & Cold Water Cooler
- Best Choice: Costway 2-in-1 Water Cooler Dispenser
- Best Value: Avalon Premium Hot/Cold Water Cooler Dispenser
- Top 3 Water Cooler Dispenser – Top Picks
- Best Water Cooler Dispenser Reviews To Buy
- 1. Primo Bottom Loading Hot & Cold Water Cooler Review – Our Premium Pick
- 2. Costway 2-in-1 Water Cooler Dispenser Review – Our Best Pick
- 3. Whirlpool Bottom Loading Commercial Water Cooler Review
- 4. Brio CL520 Commercial Grade Top Load Water Dispenser Review
- 5. Primo Water Cooler Dispenser & Pet Station Review
- 6. Primo Stainless Steel Self-Sanitizing Water Cooler Review
- 7. Avalon Bottom Loading Water Cooler Review
- 8. Avalon A1WATERCOOLER A1 Top Loading Cooler Dispenser Review
- 9. Avalon Premium Countertop Water Cooler Dispenser Review
- 10. Farberware FW29919 Freestanding Water Cooler Review
- Comparison Chart
- Water Cooler Buying Guide – Important Things to Consider
- FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions About Water Coolers)
- Why is my top-loaded water cooler leaking?
- After how long should I service my water cooler?
- I just bought a water cooler, should I clean it before using?
- Is the water dispensed by water coolers hot enough?
- How cold is the water dispensed by water coolers?
- Are water coolers durable?
- Should I lock the bottle cap in place?
- Are water coolers safe to use?
- Bottled water or water cooler, which is cheaper?
- Is there any difference between water coolers and water dispensers?
- How much will I spend on a new water cooler?
- Is a water cooler a worthy investment?
- Can I control the temperature of the water dispensed by a water cooler?
Best Water Cooler Dispenser Reviews To Buy
Perfect for use in offices and homes, the Primo bottom-loading hot cold-water cooler stands out in design, styling, and functionality. Its sleek and compact design makes it a perfect addition to modern kitchens. It’s dressed in white, an aesthetic complexion that makes it easily visible in congested offices and sitting rooms.
Get the dispenser today and introduce your loved ones to the convenience of instantly accessing cold and hot water when the need arises. The dispenser loads water from the bottom making it super easy to handle. This family-friendly water cooler works well with 3 to 5-gallon water bottles. Importantly, the Primo has universal bottle compatibility and, therefore, works well with most brands of bottled water.
Replacing the bottles isn’t a big deal. Most people can do it in a matter of minutes as the simple bottom loading design allows for easy bottle replacement with minimal to no inconveniences. The ultramodern low light indicator will keep you all updated on the water level. Issues of water running out when the family has settled to have a meal will be a forgotten story.
Being a bottle-run water dispenser, you won’t have to spend a lot upfront to get it installed. The unit has UL certification and Energy Star ratings. That makes it super energy-efficient and a great way to keep your household energy bills low. It includes an electric pump inside but doesn’t make lots of noise when operating.
Inside the Primo bottom loading water cooler sits a durable stainless-steel water tank. The tank has two sections one for accommodating hot water and the other cold water. There is also a drip tray for helping keep the unit dazzling clean. If you have super active kids, you don’t have to always lock the dispenser in the kitchen when busy or not around. The unit comes with a child lock safety button to keep prevent kids from dispensing hot water without your notice.
- It’s energy efficient and operates quietly hence fit for busy offices.
- The bottom loading unit allows for easy changing of the bottles any time all the time.
- The unit comes with a child lock system button to keep your kids safe in the event they try using it in your absence.
- You can use the cooler with any brand or type of water bottles.
- It’s lightweight and compact hence easy to store in tiny kitchen spacing.
- It helps keep your back safe as you won’t have to bend for long hours trying to change the bottles.
- It has an adjustable cavity that can fit in different jug sizes.
- Anyone can seamlessly run the cooler to dispense cold or hot water as there aren’t technical operation tricks to follow.
- It does not come with an adjustable thermostat so you cannot control the hotness of the water dispensed.
- It’s currently one of the most costly water coolers.
- Changing the bottles every so often isn’t easy and fun.
2. Costway 2-in-1 Water Cooler Dispenser Review – Our Best Pick
If you love ice and freshwater, adding the Costway 2-in-1 water cooler into your office or home is the solution. The Costway 2-in-1 is an innovative and sleekly designed water cooler that accustoms well with all modern home and office settings. It comes fully packaged and loaded with adequate features to serve its multifunctional water dispensing purposes.
It’s one of the most powerful tri-temperature water coolers in the market today. The unit comes packaged with a pioneering control panel and LED indicators to keep you updated on the water usage. The dispenser design has sleek sophisticated vibes that make it ideal for use within industrial, household, and office settings.
Costway 2-in-1 stands out as a premium and versatile water cooler dispenser. It’s added with impressive features like the tri-temperature push button that allows you to dispense room temperature, cold or even water. That’s one of the reasons people who love preparing instant beverages and meals can never resist it.
The child’s safety lock adds to its user-friendliness and safety. It prevents accidental burns on kids who may try to operate the unit. As for the built-in icemaker, it dispenses delicious and pure ice cubes on demand. The icemaker is large enough to store 4 pounds of ice. It operates smoothly to generate an ice cube in every passing minute.
Despite having features and elements that present it as good industrial ice making water cooler, the Costway 2-in-1 water dispenser is easy to use. The strategic location of the functions and buttons allows for easy operation. It’s small in size and light in weight. Storing and moving it around won’t be a problem.
- It has a modern sleek design that fits well both in industrial and household settings.
- It is incredibly easy to use and maintenance. Tons of features are available to make your usage and maintenance experience a breeze.
- It’s a child-safe water cooler that pays maximum attention to user safety. The child lock system will protect your loved ones from getting burnt by hot water.
- It comes with a built-in ice-maker that’s powerful enough to 27 lbs of ice a day.
- The cooler is able to dispense fresh hot water, cold water, and pure ice cubes.
- Loading the water bottle and getting the unit in motion is really easy and does not require following any manual.
- It has a current and modernistic look. It will keep your office or home looking really stylish.
- It’s a bit noisy. It may not be suitable for busy commercial offices where silence is a vital ingredient to increased business productivity. It’s mostly suitable for industrial settings where extreme noise isn’t a problem.
- It does not have a temperature adjustment button. You have to watch out to make sure the water doesn’t overheat.
- It’s a bit expensive for a water cooler dispensing unit of its kind.
Whirlpool commercial water cooler boasts a durable and performance-oriented design. It’s a high-end water dispenser that is lightweight and compact in size. It won’t eat up most of your kitchen or office spacing as it’s created to be used in small-spaced settings. Water is cooled by the aid of an ice-chilled cooling technology.
The patented cooling technology gets the unit performing best. It’s crafted to guarantee durability and unequaled performance. Whirlpool water cooler has a robust design characterized by a sturdy frame. Made of solid stainless steel, the frame is strong and durable enough to stand frequent slamming of heavy water bottles.
It’s engineered to be a commercial-grade water cooler so the faucets won’t break easily. The built-in compressor and thermostat are powerful enough to guarantee premium water cooling and heating. It works well with water bottles with 3 to 5 gallons. If you are searching for a good water cooler that’s convenient and reliable, whirlpool’s commercial cooler is all you need.
Great enough, this commercial grade water cooler dispenser from Whirlpool utilizes a self-cleaning mechanism. That’s amazing considering washing the machine manually on a regular basis isn’t something anyone would admire. The self-cleaning mechanism keeps the machine cleaned and free from calcium deposits, mold, and grimes. Adding to its self-cleaning abilities is the removable drip trap.
It dispenses hot water 9 degrees Fahrenheit warmer than the cold water. The huge ice block keeps the water under a manageable temperature. Drink a cup of this cold water to refresh and cool down yourself during the hot hours of summer. Use the hot water to prepare a hot cup of coffee or tea any time or during the cold hours of winter. The dispensed water is hot enough for use on other things like washing and cleaning.
- It dispenses super-hot water ready for use in preparing tea and coffee. You can use the water to wash and clean oily surfaces if you want.
- It includes a self-cleaning function. You won’t have to clean the unit by yourself regularly.
- This cool operates efficiently and quietly. It won’t drain up your tokens in hours rather help you save on energy bills.
- It uses patented cooling technology so it cools water way better and faster than similar machines.
- The innovative and sleek design suits well for the office, industrial, and commercial settings.
- It has a user-friendly design and functions. Even newbies won’t have problems dispensing a cup of cold and hot water.
- The unit is made of high-quality stainless-steel frame so it won’t succumb to the persistent bumping from heavy water bottles.
- It doesn’t have the smartest of looks. Classy fellows won’t like its looks on their kitchens or offices.
- It’s not one of the quietest water cooler dispensers for use in areas where extreme noise is a nuisance.
4. Brio CL520 Commercial Grade Top Load Water Dispenser Review
Unlike most of the coolers in our review, the Brio CL520 loads from the top. It stands out as the finest choice in its category. It’s rated as a commercial grade water cooler dispenser and can be used in places like libraries, schools, hospitals, banks, and offices. The unit allows the instant dispensation of cold and hot water, which can prepare delicious hot and cold drinks.
Kids will no longer be exposed to the risk of water burns. The smart child-safety lock keeps the hot water dispensing function out of bounds for kids. Have peace of mind knowing that your kids are safe even in your absence. The Brio CL520 uses a 5-gallon water bottle, which is loaded from the top. Replacing the water bottle won’t take hours. It’s a simple and fun task you can always do at will.
Despite being a commercial-grade unit, it doesn’t operate rowdily. The built-in electric pump does make some noise but not so high to cause dismay. As for the 2 durable stainless steel water tanks inside the unit, they hold an equal amount of water. The low water indicator will provide real-time information regarding water usage. It enables you to make replacements when the bottled water is used up.
On the top area, the unit is redesigned to minimize the risk of spills. That’s not all. It comes with a removable drip tray that helps in the routine cleaning. Generally, the unit is constructed from commercial grade ABS plastic. This material is engineered to be strong and safe from the effects of corrosive chemicals. The hard-wearing nature of the ABS plastic makes the cooler able to withstand the impacts of falling items.
The unit is energy-wise great. It may not be the most energy-efficient out there, so considering the commercial-grade ratings, you should expect to pay more on energy bills.
- The commercial grade design and stainless steel reservoirs promise a lifelong service. It won’t get broken or damaged after several months.
- Heats and cools water to the expectations of the user. It’s the machine you need to always get instant access to cold or hot beverages any time of the day.
- It’s proven to be energy-bill friendly. Adding it to your kitchen won’t sprout up your energy bills to shocking levels.
- It has enough features and functions to keep both parents and kids safe. The child-safety lock does the magic of preventing accidental burns when kids try dispensing hot water in your absence.
- It loads from the top and makes use of bottles. You won’t have to invest so much upfront to get it installed.
- It operates quietly despite having commercial-grade ratings.
- The bottle capacity is low and it doesn’t come with a bottle. It will cost you to buy a new bottle. It will also cost you to replace the water bottles on a regular basis.
- It does not have a filtration function. This makes it not the best choice for those who love water coolers that have the water filtration function.
5. Primo Water Cooler Dispenser & Pet Station Review
If you are on a budget but not ready to sacrifice on quality, the Primo water cooler & pet station is the go-to water cooler. It’s the best water cooler to keep your family and pets hydrated all day. It’s compatible with 3 to 5-gallon bottles of Primo bottles. You can save the bottles and get them refilled once used up. This model of water cooler from Primo attends to your pet’s hydration needs, unlike similar models.
It’s not the countertop-kind of water coolers. It’s engineered to be mounted on the floor together with the pet water bowl for optimum functionality. The pet bowl is innovative and versatile. You can place it on the sides or the front. It’s dishwasher safe and removable. It has spill-proof bottle holder to keep your unit blazing clean all day and night.
This Primo water cooler includes an innovative water heating and cooling technology that allows for easy dispensation of the delicious Primo water with a single push of the button. The design is innovative to make dispensing hot and cold water to the pet’s bowl easy. The flex design adds to the amazing features and functions of the cooler. It’s a premiering design that lets you install the pet bowl anywhere of choice. You can install it on the water cooler’s left, right, and front side depending on your preferences and kitchen settings.
The LED nightlights make using the cooler at night easier. All the materials used in constructing the cooler are BPA-free certified. That is to mean the stainless steel water reservoir together with the frame have the ability to resist damage and bacteria growth.
With this water cooler, you won’t have to worry about extreme space being consumed in your kitchen. You also don’t need to worry about increased energy bills.
- It boasts of premium workmanship. Primo made this water cooler so that it can stand daily use without succumbing to bacteria growth.
- It has a flex design. Just because your kitchen spacing is limited, you won’t be forced to install the unit in the sitting room. Its flexible design allows for easy installation regardless of space limitations.
- It gives you instant access to high-quality hot and cold water whenever you want.
- Does come with a perfectly fitting pet bowl. Install it to keep your family and pets hydrated throughout the day and night.
- The child-resistant lock will keep your kids and pets safe. Even if they try dispensing hot water, it won’t work.
- It’s easy to load the water bottles and operate the unit.
- It is energy efficient so installing it won’t double your energy bills.
It may not be a great choice for use in commercial settings. Most commercial settings don’t entertain pets so those in the working class may not find it the perfect choice.
- Since it should be installed on the floor, you cannot move around with it. That simply means it’s not versatile enough.
6. Primo Stainless Steel Self-Sanitizing Water Cooler Review
Primo stainless steel 1 Spout self-sanitizing is a user-friendly water cooler that blends quality and performance. It’s the best household equipment to add to your home if you want to start enjoying instant access to cool and fresh water. All the unit’s features are strategically and purposely installed to boost usability. The drip tray is placed conveniently making it easy to load the bottle. No complex plumbing work needed since the unit is standalone.
The primo bottle holder accepts 3 and 5-gallon water bottles from Primo. You can always refill the bottles with the purified mineral water from Primo once depleted. There are no limitations as to where you can refill the bottles but refilling at any Primo-service station gives you a guarantee of high-quality and pure water.
The Primo Stainless steel self-sanitizing is a bottom-loaded water cooler capable of dispensing both ice-cold and hot water. Having it at home will make preparing cold beverages, warm meals, and teas easier. The user-friendly push-button lets you instantly dispense water for drinking or preparing beverages. It’s sleek in design so it will look amazing in modern kitchens. The dishwasher safe dripsaves you the hassle of having to clean the water cooler every day.
By adding this water cooler to your house, you are bringing in safe and child-friendly equipment. It has a child-safe lock that prevents hot water dispensation in your absence. The unit is entirely UL certified meaning its environmentally-friendly. It’s likewise Energy Star rated so having it is a sure way to save on electricity bill.
- It has a compact and very impressive design. It will help change the look of your kitchen and office provided you install it properly.
- It has self-sanitizing capabilities meaning you won’t have to struggle cleaning the unit every day.
- It’s constructed of high-quality BPA-free materials. The unit will not only serve you long but keep your water safe from bacterial growth.
- Does dispense pure and clean water provided you use high-quality Primo water bottles.
- The unit is easy to install, operate, and use. Anyone can easily tap a cup of cold or hot water from it any time.
- It has Energy star ratings meaning running it all day and night won’t add to your electricity bills.
- The user-friendly child lock enhances the unit safety by preventing instances when kids will be burnt by hot water.
- The unit does not include an adjustable thermostat. That simply means the user does not have control over the coldness or hotness of the water dispensed.
- It does make some noise when in operation. The good news is the noise is limited and doesn’t causes much disturbance.
Avalon Bottom Loading Water Cooler Dispenser is a premium and budget-friendly water cooler that aims to change the way you access cold and hot water at home. It includes 3 temperature settings which are chilling cold, steamy hot and ambient temperature. The unit has a simple sleek and slim design and tons of functional features. Its cabinet is created from noncorrosive stainless steel so it’s going to serve you really long.
The push buttons are soft and fun to touch. Anyone would enjoy playing around with the buttons. Just like other users, you will be impressed by the many features and performance of this innovative water cooler.
The kid’s safety lock acts as an additional security layer to keep your kids safe from hot water burns. You don’t need to monitor your kid’s whereabouts in fear of them being burnt. The removable drip tray is engineered to keep spills low to ease the cleaning job.
You will love the simplicity and efficacy of the purification and filtration system. It’s a feature uncommon on other units that intends to prevent the growth of bacteria and other living organisms around the unit. Install the unit today and elevate your family’s access to clean and high-quality drinking water.
When you have this water cooler ready installed in your house, your family will no longer drink contaminated water. They will always be able to prepare and drink their favorite beverages once they have the cravings.
A look at the high-capacity compressor and high-quality stainless steel water tank will leave you with a smile. These two are some of the most innovative and durable features in the cooler. We cannot forget to mention the nightlights.
They light the water cooler and its surroundings making it easily noticeable. As for the bottle indicator, it will keep you updated on the water usage. Depending on your preferences, you can use this Avalon water cooler with a 3, 4, or even 5-gallon water bottle.
- The water cooler comes with individual switches to control the temperature of the water dispensed.
- Your kid’s and their playmates are secure as the safety lock makes it impossible for them to use the hot water dispensation feature.
- It’s slim in design so it won’t eat up most of your spacing. It’s sleek in design so it will add to the beauty of your kitchen or office.
- Comes with a built-in light that lights the unit for easy visibility in black surroundings.
- It lights up automatically to notify you when the bottled water is used up and ready for replacement.
- The ozone feature on the cooler allows for efficient self-cleaning any time all the time.
- Water dispensation is delayed sometimes. This is a technical problem that can be easily repaired by an expert plumber.
- Does not come with a bottle reservoir. You will be forced to buy one from your preferred dealer.
8. Avalon A1WATERCOOLER A1 Top Loading Cooler Dispenser Review
Are you on the verge of losing hope on water coolers after buying several units that didn’t work? Avalon A1WATERCOOLER A1 is a top-loading cooler that has tons of impressive features and design qualities. It’s a simple yet reliable household water dispensation machine that does more than just giving you cold and hot water on demand. It’s tall and slim, a quality that makes it good for installing in areas with limited spacing.
The water cooler has a stainless steel body. That doesn’t mean it does not feature stylish and soft beauty flavors. It’s the water cooler to buy if you want to add a high-quality water dispensation facility in your business spacing, household or fun spacing. The machine will supply you with piping hot water and cold water on demand. Stainless steel is strong and hard-wearing so this water cooler will serve you for years without costing you a coin on repairmen.
Water is heated or cooled instantly since that’s what the patented water heating and cooling technology is all about. The change of temperature from hot to cold and vice versa is balanced thanks to the powerful compressor. It serves its role well to ensure you will never get slightly hot water when you need cold water.
The coolers body design is cool and easy to clean. It allows for flawless flow when water is being dispensed.
With additional safety features like the child safety lock, users won’t have to monitor their kids all the time. This water cooler from Avalon operates noiselessly. Your friends won’t even notice if the system exists unless you tell them. The smart and noiseless motor helps minimize energy consumption, which keeps your energy consumption rates under control.
- Balances between the dispensation of cold and hot water. While using this water cooler, there is no single instance will get cold water after you request for hot water and vice versa.
- Has a powerful compressor. It guarantees efficient dispensation of cold water for drinking or making drinks on request.
- Has a well-suited and powerful top water lading system. This allows for easy monitoring of the water height.
- It has a durable and strongly constructed stainless steel body. It won’t get damaged by mere water bottle knocks.
- Issues with scalding accidents on kids are lower thanks to the child security lock.
- The unit is characterized by innovative and stylish design. Despite being stylish and innovative, it is compact enough to fit well in small spaces.
- It has self-cleaning abilities. You won’t need to be checking on the cooler to see whether it needs cleaning.
- Some customers say that after using this Avalon water cooler dispenser for some time, the water starts smelling metallic.
- Some others say that after extensive use of the water cooler, it may start leaking.
If you happen to have limited spacing at your disposal but ready to part ways with some more money to get a high-end water cooler, then Avalon premium top load countertop water cooler has got you covered.
It’s a good water cooler dispenser for money that includes cold and hot water spouts. It’s what your family needs to enjoy tasty beverages and cool refreshments on demand. The easy-to-handle paddle style design allows for instant dispensation of water once you press a cup against the paddle.
Avalon, the manufacturer stressed on ensuring the user’s safety. The child lock feature gives you total control over the dispensation of hot water. Inside the strong and durable water cooler body sits a premium compressor.
The compressor has the power to make cold and ice-cold water at 47° F. That means the cooler can make extra cold water that doesn’t require the addition of ice cubes. It likewise generates steaming hot water that can be used in making tea, coffee, and other beverages.
You can connect the unit to 3, 4 or 5 water gallon bottles. It’s up to you to decide how many gallons of bottled water you want to buy. There are 3 main temperature settings in the cooler. There is the piping hot output, crisp cold, and the room temperature setting.
This makes running it a bit easy and fun. You can always press the button and get your cup of cold or water hot. This unit is also Energy star approved and UL certified. You aren’t only assured of being safe while operating the unit but also be able to save a lot on electricity bills.
Owing to the innovative and stylish design, this high-quality water cooler dispenser can be used in office and household settings.
It will save you time on the preparation of cocoa or coffee since it dispenses hot water instantly. The cooler as well dispenses cold water so if you are thirsty, you won’t have to wait for the water to cool.
- Setting up and operating the unit is a breeze. You don’t need any special training or skills to get a cup of water for drinking or making tea.
- It allows for easy adjustment of the water temperature. You can always decide how hot, cold, or cool you want the water dispensed.
- The handles are comfortable and lush to hold. You can easily relocate the unit whenever you want without worrying about your hands enduring bruises.
- This dispenser is engineered to be placed on top of counters. It won’t eat up lots of spacing.
- The kid’s lock feature makes it easy for you to lock the dispensation of hot water when you aren’t at home.
The water dispensation is a bit slow. It will take a bit longer to fill a cup of water as compared to when using other water coolers.
- The cold water isn’t always dispensed as cold as desired. Sometimes you will get warm water after requesting for chilled water.
10. Farberware FW29919 Freestanding Water Cooler Review
Farberware FW29919 Freestanding Water Cooler comes last in our review list. The cooler has so many good and impressive features such that coming last doesn’t make it less of a premium water cooler.
One of such qualities is its ability to stand alone when doing its magic. The unit is engineered to work both as a water dispenser and a cooler. With this water cooler, you will get high-capacity tanks ranging in size from 3 to 5 gallons. The tanks don’t come together with the water cooler though. You have to source for your desired tank from the authorized sellers online.
Farberware FW29919 is engineered to be an energy-efficient water cooler dispenser. It won’t raise your energy bills. It will operate efficiently without causing a bug to your energy bills. The energy-efficient thermoelectric cooling system will make it possible to run the unit without raising energy bills.
The bottom area of the dispenser serves as a storage unit. You can keep water or beverages here depending on your preferences. You sure are going to love the look of this water cooler dispenser. The dispenser operates noiselessly and won’t disturb those around it. The unit is top-loaded so replacing the water bottle won’t take up lots of your time. It’s made to size so it will fit comfortably in any area within your kitchen, bedroom, or sitting room.
The dispensed hot water is about 194℉ degrees meaning it’s hot enough for making beverages and foods. It can generate up to 5 liters every hour by use of 550 watts of electricity. As for the cold water, it dispenses 59℉ cold water at approximately 0.7 liters every hour. You will love how this unit generates cold and hot water respectively and efficiently.
- This water cooler is noise-free. It doesn’t make lots of noise to disturb those in the surroundings.
- It includes energy saving thermal technology that helps minimize energy consumption. Investing in this water cooler will go a long way in increasing your savings on energy bills.
- With this water cooler, you will get high water reservation capacity. You can store up to 5 gallons of water.
- With this cooler, you will get enough storage. The storage cabinet in the bottom area of the cooler provides enough spacing for storing water bottles and other items.
- This water cooler also has a dip tray for easy cleaning on the dispenser.
- The design and styling are super vibrant and attractive.
- It includes multiple water temperature settings. You can always dispense a cup of cold or hot water depending on your preferences.
- It’s freestanding so it won’t eat up your countertop spacing.
- It’s affordable and reliable.
- It does not include a safety switch meaning it may be a bit hard to use at home when you have kids.
- It does dispense water a bit slowly. You may have to wait longer for your cup of water to be filled.
|Primo Bottom Loading Hot & Cold Water Cooler||Primo||Bottom Loading||$$$||8.6||52 pounds||47.4 x 17.1 x 16.1 inches|
|Costway 2-in-1 Water Cooler Dispenser||Costway||Top Loading||$$$$||8.0||40 pounds||12 x 14 x 39 inches|
|Whirlpool Bottom Loading Commercial Water Cooler||Whirlpool||Bottom Loading||$$$$$||7.4||45 pounds||15 x 12.6 x 40.5 inches|
|Brio CL520 Commercial Grade Top Load Water Dispenser||Brio||Top Loading||$$$||8.0||29.4 pounds||12.6 x 12.6 x 38.6 inches|
|Primo Water Cooler Dispenser & Pet Station||Primo||Top Loading||$$$||8.8||32 pounds||11.8 x 11.8 x 41.1 inches|
|Primo Stainless Steel 1 Spout Self-Sanitizing Bottom Load||Primo||Bottom Loading||$$$$||8.2||38.4 pounds||14 x 12 x 40 inches|
|Avalon Bottom Loading Water Cooler||Avalon||Bottom Loading||$$$||7.0||38.4 pounds||13 x 12 x 41 inches|
|Avalon A1WATERCOOLER A1 Top Loading Cooler Dispenser||Avalon||Top Loading||$$||7.4||37.9 pounds||14.5 x 14.3 x 46.5 inches|
|Avalon Premium Countertop Water Cooler Dispenser||Avalon||Top Loading||$$||8.0||30 pounds||13 x 12 x 19 inches|
|Farberware FW29919 Freestanding Water Cooler||Farberware||Top Loading||$||6.2||15 pounds||13 x 13 x 35 inches|
Water Cooler Buying Guide – Important Things to Consider
In this part of the review, you get to understand the features and facets of the product reviewed above. You are going to understand how important each of these features is and why you have to pay extra attention to the features when making a choice.
Let’s get started.
Water coolers are either bottle-fed or bottomless. Bottle-fed water coolers use big bottles of pre-treated water as tanks. They are easy to operate but very costly. Replenishing the used up water bottles is not financially sustainable. The bottles are as well quite heavy and lifting them to the top-loading units may prove tricky.
The bottomless models don’t use water vessels. These water coolers source water right from your household water tap. They include filters for cleansing the water. Bottomless water coolers require rerouting your water supply to the reservoir of the cooler.
If you can spend more on a high-quality and performance-oriented water cooler that supplies quality and freshwater all the time, the bottle-fed water coolers are the way to go. If you are on a low-budget but still want to invest in a good water cooler, the bottomless water coolers are the best options.
Water Usage Rates in Your House
The water usage rates in your house will have a great impact on your purchase decision. In this case, you will only have two options, the coolers that use bottled water and those which connect to the household water tap. Bottle-fed water coolers can only hold a maximum of 5 gallons. They are ideal for homes in which water usage is limited.
As for homes in which water is drunk in huge volumes, you are advised to settle for water cooler dispensers that connect to your water tap. Doing so will not only save you money but also the hassle of having to replace your water bottles often.
Before you settle for a bottomless water cooler that connects to your household water tap, you should understand that these units need regular replacement of the filters.
Do You Have Pets?
Unless you rear pets for the sake, you already consider them part of the family. Pets that are part of a family are given quality attention including quality food, shelter, water, and comfortable sleep. Feeding and giving pets water especially dogs and cats can prove demanding. Some water coolers include spouts that direct water to the pet’s water dish
So, if you have pets, you may need to consider getting one of these units. The best water cooler with pet-oriented spouts will give you real value for money. Such impressive features will help keep your pets hydrated all day.
You won’t have to leave your important duties to give water to the pets. The only problem with water coolers fitted with those additional features is they cost more than other coolers.
Do You Have Children?
Kids are precious to you and everyone else. Kids can prove difficult to control. Sometimes they are in the kitchen, other times in the sitting room, and other times outside. Most modern water cooler dispensers include a hot water dispensation spout. If kids mistakenly press such buttons, they will be bruised seriously.
The good news is most innovation-centered water cooler dispensers have a child safety lock. You can set the lock such that even if kids try pressing the hot water button, it won’t function. Almost all the water coolers outlined above have the child safety lock.
Invest in any of these products and have peace of mind knowing that your children’s safety is fully taken care of day in day out.
Type Of Water Cooler Dispensers
Water coolers come in a variety of amazing options. Buyers have to choose from top-loading, bottom-loading, freestanding, and countertop. Each water cooler has its own benefits and disadvantages.
Top-loading coolers are easy to operate, reliable, and efficient. Feeding the water bottles on top of such water coolers is a bit complex though.
As for the bottom-loading water coolers, they are affordable and reliable. The only problem with these kinds of water coolers is that they can’t be moved easily.
The freestanding water coolers are durable and long lasting. However, they cannot be moved once installed. The countertop water coolers are small in size, easy to install, and simple to move around but they are way more expensive.
It’s up to you to decide what kind of water coolers to buy. Make sure you get a water cooler dispenser that meets your personal expectations and spacing preferences.
Cleaning And Maintenance
Just like other household equipment, water cooler dispensers get dirty. Depending on the location of your house, these units may get dirt after every few hours. They need to be cleaned regularly but since you are very busy, you may lack the time to invest in the frequent cleaning of the coolers.
Modern water coolers have a self-cleaning unit. These cleaning systems use natural supplies like vinegar to do the cleaning job more quickly and efficiently. You won’t have to clean the units by yourself.
That’s good news since as a busy person having to give up important things to clean a water cooler will be the last thing to do. These are added features so they are going to cost you more on your water cooler dispensers.
You are happy because not like your friends, the water cooler you bought is functioning properly and doing wonders when it comes to the dispensation of cold and hot water.
While you are celebrating your victory, you decide to check out your electricity tokens. What you see leaves you with a frown face. You surely can’t imagine a simple water cooler increasing your electricity consumption by more than 15% a day.
The problem is not the water cooler. It’s doing its job as it was engineered to be doing. You didn’t check the power consumption ratings of the unit before buying. If you don’t want to end up in such a dilemma, it is important you check out the power consumption ratings of the water cooler dispenser before paying for it.
Choose water coolers that have Energy Star rating and UL Certification.
Water cooler dispensers have different water cooling and heating abilities. There are some which can heat water to extremely high temperatures and cool it to ice-cold temperatures.
How hot or cold a cooler can heat water depends on the heating and cooling technology they use. You cannot easily tell how best a cooler performs in dispensing water ice-cold, extra-hot or at room temperature by just looking at it.
You will need to dig deeper into what customers who bought and used the water cooler say. If previous customers are happy with the way the cooler works, you have the assurance of quality and reliability. But if they have complained a lot, you should shy away from buying it otherwise you will end up in regret.
Health And Safety Features
Water coolers aren’t just for dispensing hot and cold water. They are also engineered to improve the purity and freshness of drinking water. Some coolers don’t pay much attention to the safety and health of the end-user. They just make a good and fully functional machine that may not dispense quality and clean water.
You have to check out the features the water dispenser has in place to help maximize user safety and health. The best water cooler dispensers will be easy to clean, have easy to clean nozzle systems, and airtight bottles to minimize bacterial infection. They will also have self-cleaning systems to help clean the unit clean always.
The more advanced ones will have a child safety unit to prevent accidental hot water burns on kids.
Another important thing you cannot take for granted when buying a water cooler dispenser is the available spacing for installing the dispenser. You don’t want to buy a unit that takes up the biggest part of your kitchen spacing. You likewise don’t wish to buy a water cooler intending to keep it in the kitchen only to lack spacing.
Plan on the water cooler storage by deciding where you want to keep it and how much spacing is required. When deciding on the spacing, don’t forget to get enough spacing for changing the water gallon jug. The spacing should have what it takes to stand the water splashes.
Laminate flooring will do best for these kinds of household equipment since it will be possible to mop or wipe out the water once it splashes. Only settle for a water cooler that can fit in the spacing you have ready.
The Cost Of The Water Cooler
When buying offline, there is always room for negotiations. However, when you are buying online, you won’t have the opportunity to negotiate. Therefore, looking out for a dealer who offers the best deals and discounts is important. There is no standard pricing for certain water coolers meaning different dealers can sell them for different prices.
Take your time to compare dealers and choose one who offers the best deals and discounts. You should have exhausted all options before you settle for a dealer who sells their water coolers extremely high. Otherwise, searching for dealers, comparing deals, and choosing the most affordable one is mandatory.
Ease Of Use
Water coolers are naturally simple and straightforward. However, there are some brands that are a bit technical to familiarize with. Most of these will take you hours or worse still days to familiarize with. You aren’t getting paid to learn the systems so why should you settle for a unit that passes you through such humiliating experiences?
The only thing you must pay uttermost emphasis on is the functionality of the unit. But that doesn’t mean you settle for hard-to-use water dispenser because it is highly functional.
Take your time to understand the simplicity or complexity involved in using the water cooler before you pay for it.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions About Water Coolers)
If you own a water cooler, you likely have experienced issues that needed prompt answers. Here are the most frequently asked questions about water coolers and the answers.
Why is my top-loaded water cooler leaking?
It’s not every time will top-loading water coolers have leaks. However, if a top-loaded water cooler has holes on the bottle holder or bottle top, leaking will occur. The good news is the leak can be repaired if it’s in the cooler bottle holder. If it’s in the bottle top, you have to replace the bottle.
After how long should I service my water cooler?
So many things can affect the frequency at which you service your water cooler. Some of these are the location of the water cooler, the cooler type, the usage intensity. Cleaning should be done every 6 months.
As for the servicing, it is up to you to decide how many times to call a repairman in a year. If the water cooler is recurrently used, you may have to get it serviced at least twice a year. If the unit is freestanding, less movement is involved so the potential for damage is lower.
As for the units that compact and easy to move around, you will have to get them serviced every so often.
I just bought a water cooler, should I clean it before using?
It’s possible to think that just because your water cooler is brand new, it is clean and hygienic. However, that isn’t always the case. It is not impossible to discover bacterial growth and other unhygienic problems in a newly bought water cooler.
That’s why it is strongly recommended you wash and properly sanitize your water cooler before you use it for the first time. Not only that, but you also have to be cleaning it regularly to keep it sanitized and prevent the chances of bacteria building up.
Is the water dispensed by water coolers hot enough?
Everyone has their way of measuring hotness. However, if your measure of hotness is through boiling and steam, water coolers aren’t what you need. Water coolers dispense water hot enough to prepare tea, coffee, and foods that don’t require extensive cooking.
The water is usually hot enough to leave burns and bruises on your skin if it happens to accidentally come into contact with it. Sadly, water coolers don’t heat water to the boiling temperatures.
How cold is the water dispensed by water coolers?
Water coolers operate differently. There are those which are efficient enough to cool water to ice-cold temperatures. There are some other coolers that can only cool down water to the drinkable temperatures.
Confirm with the water cooler supplier to know if the coolers can produce ice-cold water or not before you make a purchase.
Are water coolers durable?
The durability of different water coolers varies. That depends on the level of workmanship employed as well as the quality of materials used. Some water coolers are strong enough to last for years while others have a limited lifespan.
Water cooler dispensers made of stainless-steel body are strong and durable. The ones made of plastic materials will still last long but not long enough. That’s because the plastic may not be strong enough to stand the heavy bagging of plastic bottles for long.
Should I lock the bottle cap in place?
You don’t need to lock the bottle cap in place. Provided that the stainless steel straw in the water cooler is properly injected in the bottle with the straw bottom resting on the bottle bottom, your water cooler is going to work efficiently. It’s your job to make sure you set up the water cooler properly so it functions to your expectations.
Are water coolers safe to use?
Water coolers are totally safe otherwise they would have been banned long ago. Provided you use it per the instructions given in the manual, your water cooler will serve you perfectly well. Locking the hot water child lock safety helps you keep your children safe from hot water scalds and burns.
As well, getting the water cooler cleaned and sanitized frequently and properly will save you from the health effects triggered by bacteria growth. Getting it repaired and serviced will as well lengthen its lifespan to give you longer service.
Bottled water or water cooler, which is cheaper?
First of all, it is good to understand that water coolers may not have a direct impact on the reduction of your monthly water bills. However, since it helps minimize water wastage by exercising total control in how water is dispensed, it may help reduce your monthly water bills.
Bottled water is a bit costlier and considering it’s hard to handle, much water is wasted during the dispensation. That simply means that buying a water cooler even if you will be buying bottled water can help reduce your monthly expenses on drinking water.
Is there any difference between water coolers and water dispensers?
Everyone has at one time used water dispenser in the place of a water cooler. A water dispenser is not the synonym of the water cooler. The only reason people use water dispensers in the place of water coolers is that a water cooler can perform the same work a water dispenser performs.
However, it does it in a unique and advanced way. A water cooler does heat and cool water before dispensing it something a water cooler cannot do.
How much will I spend on a new water cooler?
Water coolers are available in a huge variety of options. They are all packed with different features and facets. Some units have more advanced settings, options, and features as compared to their counterparts.
When shopping, you should always keep in mind that the more innovative and impressive a water cooler performs, the more you will spend to get it. Having a budget and comparing multiple options can save you from dealers who may want to take advantage of your naivety.
Is a water cooler a worthy investment?
Regardless of what angle you decide to view a water cooler from, you will always realize that it’s a valuable addition to modern offices and homes. A water cooler does provide quality and instant hot and cold water which you can use to drink or prepare beverages.
You are going to spend a higher amount buying it but you may never need to spend again on it for the next several years. It will keep you and everyone else in the office or house hydrated and healthy all day and night without adding to your expenses. These units operate quietly and efficiently so you won’t have to worry about your workers or family getting upset by the extreme noise.
Additionally, water coolers are stylish and innovative so they will add to the impressive looks of your kitchen or office. And for those worried about increased energy bills, a water cooler won’t add to your energy bills since most of them are super energy-efficient.
Can I control the temperature of the water dispensed by a water cooler?
Modern water coolers have temperature settings that you can use to dispense cold, ice-cold, room temperature, or hot water. The water coolers with the room temperature setting make it possible for you to dispense water at room temperature.
In other words, when you invest in a water cooler, you will have total control over the temperature of the water you drink.
The journey to finding the best water cooler for your house or office setting is not straightforward. You have to pass through some important hills and valleys for you to discover the best water cooler.
As a recap of what we’ve outline in the water cooler buying guide section above, consider what suits your needs between a bottom-loading and top-loading model.
Secondly, compare them in terms of the capacity of water bottles that they are compatible with. On this note, beware of water coolers for homes and offices that are designed to accommodate water bottles from certain brands. Otherwise, these might leave you in dilemma in case that particular brand isn’t available in the stores near you.
Lastly, consider the convenience and safety features that it’s blessed with. So, what is the best water cooler for your home and office from our reviews above?