Our editors independently research, select, and recommend the best products. Some of these may be affiliate based, meaning we earn a small commission (at no additional cost to you) if items are purchased.
Reverse osmosis water treatment systems have become increasingly popular as the demand for higher quality drinking water heightens.
Also known as RO systems, these are water treatment solutions that utilize modern technology to demineralize or deionize water while removing pretty much all the contaminants in it to make it safe for drinking.
Having mentioned demineralizing and deionizing above, you must wonder – is reverse osmosis water safe to drink?
Yes, water from the best reverse osmosis systems in the market is absolutely safe to drink. While there are arguments that RO technology tends to ‘over filter’, multiple scientific screening methods prove that reverse osmosis remains to be the most effective water filtration method.
Our Top 3 RO Systems Picks
Are you in a hurry? If you don’t have time to read our article, then please use the links below to quickly find the best reverse osmosis systems for you on Amazon.
- Premium Pick: Home Master TM ULTRA-ERP Reverse Osmosis System
- Best Choice: Home Master TMHP HydroPerfection RO Water Filter System
- Best Value: Brondell H2O+ Circle Reverse Osmosis Water Filter
- Our Top 3 RO Systems Picks
- Reverse Osmosis System Reviews – 15 Top Choices
- 1. Home Master TMULTRA-ERP Ultra Reverse Osmosis System Review – Our Top Pick
- 2. Home Master TMHP HydroPerfection RO Water Filter System Review – Runner Up
- 3. Home Master TMAFC-ERP Artesian Full Contact RO Water Filter System Review
- 4. Home Master TMAFC Artesian Undersink Reverse Osmosis System Review
- 5. iSpring RCC7AK-UV 7 Stage Reverse Osmosis System Review
- 6. APEC Portable Countertop Reverse Osmosis System Review
- 7. Brondell H2O+ Circle Reverse Osmosis Water Filter Review
- 8. Home Master TM Standard Reverse Osmosis Water Filter Review
- 9. APEC ROES PH75 6 Stage Reverse Osmosis Water System Review
- 10. Express Water ROALK10DCG 10 Stage Reverse Osmosis System Review
- 11. iSpring RCC7AK 6 Stage Reverse Osmosis With Alkaline Remineralization Review
- 12. APEC ROES 50 5 Stage Reverse Osmosis Water System Review
- 13. iSpring RCC7 – WQA 5 stage Reverse Osmosis System Review
- 14. Express Water RO5DX 5 Stage Reverse Osmosis Filter Review
- 15. Countertop Portable 5-Stage Reverse Osmosis Water Filters Review
- RO Systems Comparison Chart
- Buying Guide – Things To Consider Before Buying
- Frequently Asked Questions About RO Filtration Systems
- What Is RO?
- What Is The Difference Between RO Water And Distilled Water?
- How Does Reverse Osmosis Filtration System Work?
- Is It Healthy To Drink Water Filtered Via RO Systems?
- What Is The Best RO Water Filtration System For You?
- Should I Settle For Certain Water Filtration Brands?
- What’s The Lifespan Of RO Water Filter Cartridge?
- Why Are Reverse Osmosis Filtration Systems So Popular?
- Where Are RO Filtration Systems Designed To Be Installed?
- Are RO Filtration Systems A Worth Purchase?
- How Many Gallons Of Water Can A RO System Generate Daily?
- Do RO Systems Make Excessive Noise While In Use?
- Should I Connect My RO System To My Household Power Sockets?
- Are There Any Health Benefits To Drinking RO Water?
- Can Install A RO System Benefit The Environment In Any Way?
- Bottom Line
The benefits of drinking RO water are insurmountable: it contains no lead, parasites, and sodium among other unwanted water contaminants. Even better, installing the best reverse osmosis water filtration system at home saves you chunks of money that you’d have spent whenever you want pure and fresh drinking water.
If you have little or no experience with this water treatment technology, then you probably have a lot of questions in your mind. You’re in luck.
We’ll answer all your queries in our sections on best reverse osmosis system buying guide and FAQs later in this article.
But first, let us take you through the best reverse osmosis filter systems to buy this year.
Reverse Osmosis System Reviews – 15 Top Choices
1. Home Master TMULTRA-ERP Ultra Reverse Osmosis System Review – Our Top Pick
If you’re searching for an innovative reverse osmosis water filtration system that fits comfortably under the sink to supply clean water and keep everyone at home hydrated, then the Home Master TMULTRA-ERP Ultra reverse osmosis system is the real deal for you.
This RO filtration unit has inventive UV filters that work to clean water of all unwanted chemicals and micro-organisms. It has a uniquely built permeate pump that works to reduce wastage and increase water production.
The Home Master cleanses 99% of microorganisms and 98% of chemicals, metals, and solids. With wastewater to a pure water ratio of 1:1, this system will save you real money over time. This ratio also makes it one of the most environmentally-friendly reverse osmosis systems you’ll find in the market today.
Since the Home Master TMULTRA-ERP RO unit comes with all materials needed for installation, including a screwdriver, wrench, and drill, all you need is some necessary DIY skills to get it installed in minutes.
The easy to follow guide makes it easier for you to fit the unit under your sink and link it to your municipal water line.
This RO filtration system is housed in a modular design in which the filters sit securely on their housing. The Fast Flow RO kit comes with high-flow components, large fittings, and tubing, all of which help to increase the water flow rate.
It may not be the most affordable reverse osmosis water filtration system in the market today. But considering how well it does its job in dispensing good tasting, sterilized, and pure water, it’s no doubt one of the best reverse osmosis systems worth considering today.
Most importantly, all the materials and products used in the construction and design of this RO water filtration system meet all the National Science Foundation standards and safety considerations.
Weighing only 17.4 pounds, this unit has a corded electric power source and US plug format design. It uses 6 watts of electrical power which again means that it’s one of the most energy-efficient water filtration solutions out there.
- The unit is capable of filtering 50 gallons of water every day. It’s, therefore, suitable for startups and medium-sized businesses
- When you have this water filtering unit, you can eliminate about 89% of water contaminants
- The innovative UV filter is capable of destroying 99.9% of water microorganisms
- It includes very easy to change and active filters
- It’s automated to initiate the treatment process
- The unit has a modular filter design. It’s a pull-out and push-in unit with one filter and filter container
- The power cord length is a bit too short, so you have to put the power outlet as close to the unit as possible
- The unit needs electricity to destroy microorganisms and remove water contaminants
2. Home Master TMHP HydroPerfection RO Water Filter System Review – Runner Up
Our runners up recommendation in these best reverse osmosis reviews also comes from the world’s top-ranked RO water purification system manufacturer, Home Master.
The TMHP HydroPerfection is a feature-packed state-of-the-art reverse osmosis system that will remove microorganisms and solid contaminants from your water, making it safe for consumption.
This filtration unit has a modular filter design so changing the filter components won’t be a big deal. The design and configuration of the filters make it easy to replace them with no need to use specific tools.
The unit has ultraviolet light filters to treat your water of microorganisms and bacteria. So with it, you will be drinking fresh, clean, and quality water. It’s the ideal RO system to use on public and municipal water supplies.
Getting the unit installed doesn’t require a high level of professionalism. Anyone having necessary plumbing DIY skills can easily install the unit.
It comes with a simple user-manual and installation instructions to guide you on how to connect the drainage and feed pipes and install the unit in the most convenient way possible. The Home Master THMP is a water-saving machine that includes a permeate pump to boost water production and decrease water waste.
With this RO water purifier, you’re getting a quality product made of the best materials and components. All the elements on this water purifier meet the NSF standards for material safety and water purification performance. The filters are strong enough to filter up to 2000 gallons before they need to be replaced. More so, the unit has a 5-year warranty, making it an excellent lifelong investment for businesses and homeowners.
- Makes use of Full Contact Technology to add minerals to water to make it taste better
- It has a permeate pump that works to decrease waste and heighten efficiency
- This RO water purifier can produce up to 75 gallons of clean water every day
- The UV filter stage has the power to destroy more than 99% of microorganisms and bacteria found in water
- It can eradicate about 98% of dissolved chemicals, solids, and metals
- It includes a 4-gallon pre-pressurized water storage unit
- The unit can be easily installed in a matter of minutes. Follow the user manual and installation instructions to get the unit installed in less than an hour
- It includes a modular filter design
- It requires 110 voltage supplies, which may not be easy to get
- It’s one of the most expensive units you will find in our list
3. Home Master TMAFC-ERP Artesian Full Contact RO Water Filter System Review
The Home Master TMAFC-ERP Artesian is a robust and reliable RO water filtration system ideal for businesses and homes.
It’s an under the sink system characterized by a modular filter design and fast water flow. The unit has a 7-stage filtration and is capable of producing 75 gallons per day.
Besides removing more than 98% of water contaminants, the system also remineralizes water giving it that wholesome taste. Add this water purification system into your business or home and make access to clean and quality water on demand a breeze.
Inside the Home Master TMAFC-ERP box is a permeate-pump that is engineered to minimize water waste by up to 80% and increase water production by about 50%.
The filters are stress-free and long-lasting. Managing and maintaining the system has been made easier by the stress-free and efficient design of the filters. Anyone can easily change the filters without needing to use particular tools. And since the filters have a life-long lifespan of about 200 gallons, you won’t have to be changing them every so often.
With this water filtration system from Home Master, you will also get an automatic shut-off unit. This feature is designed to monitor the operation of the system and give you assurance the system is off.
The system also has a catalytic carbon filtration media that work to treat chloramine which cannot be treated using standard filters. The re-mineralization feature in this unit aids by adding minerals and calcium to balance the pH level of the dispensed water.
The unique point about this RO water filter system is the incorporated permeate pump. The permeate pump on this unit utilizes brine’s hydropower to prevent back pressure and empower the RO water filters to fill the water tank quicker. Also, this RO filtration system uses high-flow components, larger fittings, and tubing, which helps boost water flow.
- This RO water filtration system has a built-in permeate pump ideal for minimizing wastewater and maximizing water flow
- It takes minutes to install and conduct annual maintenance
- The unit has bigger tubing and fittings, which boosts water flow and reduces the amount of time taken to fill a glass of water
- The unit has high-end features though its price is quite reasonable
- This unit comes with integrated filters and filter housing. The filter housing and filters can easily be replaced every year
- Capable of generating 75 gallons of water every day hence ideal for medium-sized businesses
- Includes a full contact technology that aids in the re-mineralization of water to give it a better taste
- It costs a bit higher when in comparison with standard models
- The unit doesn’t include UV light filters for killing microorganisms
4. Home Master TMAFC Artesian Undersink Reverse Osmosis System Review
One of the features making the Home Master TMAFC artesian a force to reckon with is its superb design. The unit is encased in a 20 by 16 by 13-inch durable housing and weighs only 14.1 pounds.
Most of its components are pre-assembled, so anyone can set the unit up on their own. The unit has a patented re-mineralization system that works to balance water pH and taste by adding magnesium and calcium minerals.
When you install this unit under your sink, you will never drink contaminated water. It removes more than 98% of dissolved solids, chlorine, heavy metals, pharmaceuticals, and chemicals.
Water passed through this full-contact RO system passes through 7 stages of enhancement, filtration, and purification. The result is always a good tasting, purified, and clean water.
When it comes to designing, this RO water system combines high-quality components integrated into the premium architecture. The permeated membrane chamber works to minimize the production of wastewater and optimize the creation of clean and quality water.
The filtration system in this RO water system has a modular design that allows for the efficient flow of water. The water filters can be installed and replaced easily once they have attained the 2000 gallons’ lifespan.
This water treatment system tank capacity is estimated at 3.2 gallons, so it stores enough water for the whole family at any given time.
Since you won’t invest so much in water bottles, you will minimize the amount of carbon footprint released to the environment.
Considering how easy the filters and housing are to replace, you wouldn’t need to buy specific tools like wrenches.
This RO filtration system works in such a way that it will help enhance the quality, appearance, and taste of the water since it removes all the contaminants that make your water taste terrible.
- When compared to traditional RO systems, this system has faster water flow
- It includes durable and long-lasting filters that can filter about 2000 gallons of water before they need replacement
- Changing the filters doesn’t require any specialized training or tools
- Employs topnotch purification and filtration stages to help remove 99% sediments, metals, and chemicals
- The system has an innovative design, which aids solve major problems common with the old reverse osmosis system
- It includes a patented full contact technology
- The unit performs better when in comparison with most of the traditional systems
- Since it only produces 50 gallons a day, it may not serve the interests of most modern households
- This RO system does not include a permeate pump, meaning you have to install it yourself
5. iSpring RCC7AK-UV 7 Stage Reverse Osmosis System Review
Those hunting for a reverse osmosis water filtration system that provides value for money should sit and relax as the iSpring RCC7AK-UV Deluxe 7-Stage system is here to solve all your water filtration problems.
This is a high-end RO system with lots of good ratings and positive reviews. It’s the water filtration system you need to introduce to your household to ensure the unceasing supply of clean and contamination-free drinking water.
The iSpring RCC7AK-UV has one of the best water efficiency rates with an extremely high-water flow rate and low wastewater. The unit incorporates a high-end UV light protective layer and a re-mineralization stage.
iSpring RCC7AK-UV has an alkaline filter that helps add essential minerals such as potassium, magnesium, sodium, and ionized calcium.
It will also add your water with about 0.8 of pH to neutralize the misplaced ph. The unit comes with a simple DIY installation guide, which is all about installing a wall-mountable bracket and fitting all the electrical wires to the unit.
Also, this RO system has an 11-watt ultraviolet light, which includes a flow sensor switch through where the water flows and automatically turns off and one.
Its storage tank is made of 3.2g pressurized high-grade butyl diaphragm which you can position vertically or horizontally depending on your preference.
The iSpring RCC7AK-UV can purify up to 75 gallons of water daily. You can use this RO water purification system to purify water from heavily-chlorinated and well-water sources. It comes adequately packaged for installation and use. Since this system has a robust and reliable construction, it provides superior performance and lasting durability.
This unit’s UV light technology is EPA approved and is suitable for removing the smallest microorganisms ever. It can efficiently remove about 99.8% of microorganisms found in water.
- It includes a unique filter to re-mineralize and alkalize water. It gives the water a better taste and odor.
- Its UV filter is super active and does a great job in destroying bacteria, microorganisms, and viruses
- It employs automatic shutdown technology, which helps minimize issues with water and power wastage.
- The unit has a water leakage alarm to keep you updated in case of water leakage
- Installing the unit doesn’t require any special plumbing skills or tools
- It efficiently outputs 75 gallons of clean and pure water every day
- The manufacturer has one of the world’s best customer support team
- The system’s lifespan is quite short when you compare it with similar models
- The unit is quite delicate, and if mistreated, it will get damaged in no time
6. APEC Portable Countertop Reverse Osmosis System Review
The increased environmental pollution and water contamination require you to purify all the water consumed in your household or office. There’s no other better way to do so than with the Apec portable Reverse Osmosis water purification system.
This water filtration system packs tons of valuable and useful features all of which aim to improve the quality and purity of the water dispensed. This is the RO water purification system for you to avoid drinking fresh and clean water with balanced pH.
When it comes to design and construction, this unit is lightweight and compact. It’s the real deal for anyone living in a rental apartment or condo.
With an estimated daily maximum water production capacity of 90 gallons, the APEC portable countertop RO system is perfect for general household and business settings.
The APEC RO system doesn’t break down rapidly neither does it make lots of noise when operating. The filters supplied with this RO system are durable and of high-capacity. They’ll provide you with clean and pure water for an extended period before they need to be replaced. The filters are also straightforward to change and budget-friendly.
It may interest you to know that installing this reverse osmosis water filtration system is simple and fun. Anyone with basic DIY plumbing skills can quickly get the system installed in minutes. Just follow the outlined user manual and installation instructions.
The robust and reliable design of this water filtration system allows for straightforward maintenance and use. If you live in a rented condo or apartment, or you are a student or traveler, this RO system will be the real deal for you.
This water filtration system has a double tube placed on its tap and a sole one that supplies the purified clean water.
- APEC is one of the eco-friendliest RO water filtration systems you can get
- It has secured and reliable filters that do a clean job of removing all water contaminants
- It connects directly to your municipal water lines, so you won’t have to spend a lot to buy water bottles regularly
- Installing and using this water filtration system doesn’t require any specialized training or skills
- The system is manufactured and sold by one of the most reputable world manufacturers
- It’s entirely made from BPA free plastic materials
- It comes with a whole year warranty
- The customer support team is accommodating and friendly
- Its price is a bit higher compared to similar models
- The user-manual and installation instructions are not clear enough for easy understanding
7. Brondell H2O+ Circle Reverse Osmosis Water Filter Review
Looking for a high-end water filtration system that’s easy to install and does its work magnificently? The Brondell RO Circle water-saving reverse osmosis system is here for you.
It does remove all tap water contaminants efficiently and with minimal effort from your side. The Brondell Circle has a compact design. So, it doesn’t eat up much of your sink spacing.
This unit is housed in 16.5 inches by 13.8 inches by 9.2 inches of housing. As for its reservoir and filters, they are housed in a sleek and durable container.
Having this RO water system in your kitchen gives it a stylish look thanks to the chrome faucet that has an LED indicator. The Brondell Circle RO system has simple to replace filter cartridge which has easy to maintain twist and seal connectors.
It’s the best RO system to choose if you want everyone in your home or office to drink clean and fresh water. The water filtration system has the ability to remove common contaminants such as radium, arsenic, selenium, chromium, cadmium, and copper. It has an efficient daily flow rate of about 56.9 gallons, which makes it ideal for small to medium-sized businesses or families.
With this water RO filtration system, you are getting an auto filter flushing that’s efficient enough to extend the usability life of the unit’s filtration cartridge.
While standard filters last for about two years, the system can serve you for about three years. Worth mentioning is that the Brondell Circle requires no electricity to operate. This makes it an ideal choice for use in areas with no electricity supply.
The manufacturer has invested real time and money to give this water filtration system a glossy and attractive look. The filters have a lifespan of 6 months, so you have to be changing them as often as you can.
- Brondell Circle RO system has a compact and sleek design
- It’s easy to use and install
- The unit has a LED reminder
- It’s one of the most efficient and reliable water RO systems
- It comes fitted with an automatic flushing feature
- The unit produces about 55 gallons of water every day
- This RO water filtration system is quite simple to maintain
- It’s made of environmentally friendly materials and components
- This RO filtration system has a battery-powered light-emitting diode filter change indicator
- The unit has a built-in anti-backflow system, meaning you won’t need to use an air-gap faucet
- The fact that the filters need to be replaced regularly, you may have to invest huge sums on the same
- Regular maintenance and servicing are a bit costly
8. Home Master TM Standard Reverse Osmosis Water Filter Review
If you live in a rental apartment or condo in which you are supplied with water from the municipal, the Home Master TM Undersink RO System is yet another unit worth checking out.
Home Master is a renowned and reputed brand that has been manufacturing high-grade water filters for years. This RO system features a patented UV filter ideal for the removal of unwanted chemicals and microorganisms.
The built-in permeate pump is customized to increase the production of pure and clean water as well as reduce wastage.
The Home Master TM is a great RO unit for those who are concerned about environmental safety. It generates wastewater and pure water at a ratio of 1:1, so it will save you real money with time.
The Home Master TM Undersink RO system comes as a fully assembled unit. It also comes already fitted with features like a brushed nickel RO faucet, hard water RO filters and membrane, refrigerator connection kit, and 3.2-gallon storage tank.
After buying this Undersink Ro water filtration system, you won’t have to pay a plumber to do the installation. It has a simple installation process that requires the use of readily available tools and rudimentary DIY skills. The provided installation guide is easy to understand and will sure make fixing the drainage pipes and feeds easy.
In terms of measurements, this under the sink water filtration unit is 12 inches by 16 inches by 20 inches and weighs only 17.4 pounds. It is powered using a corded electric power source of about 6 watts. When it comes to efficiency, it removes 99.99% of bacteria and microorganisms and 98% of chemicals and solid compounds.
- It’s capable of generating about 50 gallons of pure and clean water daily. The high water production means that it’s ideal for medium-sized businesses and households.
- It has an incredible efficiency rate of 98% and 99.99%
- It has an automatic function, so the treatment process starts immediately
- The filters are designed to be durable and very easy to utilize
- Comes with an easy to understand installation guide and user manual. Anyone with the necessary plumbing skills can install it quickly and easily.
- It’s an environmentally-friendly unit created of the eco-friendliest components and materials
- It’s from a reputable brand and comes with a 5-year warranty
- The RO system cost more compared to similar models
- It does not include a re-mineralization feature, hence doesn’t generate the best tasting water
9. APEC ROES PH75 6 Stage Reverse Osmosis Water System Review
The APEC Top Tier Alkaline is a 6-stage Reverse Osmosis water filtration system that purifies and cleans water, making it taste and smell better.
This unit comes with a mineral cartridge that works efficiently to add calcium carbonate to raise the pH level of water. The filters can lengthen and protect the life of the system and the membrane.
Also available in the system is a premium carbon block ideal for eradicating awful chlorine tastes and colors. The coconut shell purifying carbon filter found on stage 5 does remove all the sediments and tastes. Calcium carbonate found on stage 6 helps boost the pH level of water by increasing the alkalinity level.
When it comes to efficiency and performance, this RO filtration system does have the power to clean your water of about 99% of the available contaminants. It has superb water production efficiency ratings.
This system employs high-end technology, something which guarantees efficiency operation. With this 6-stage water filtration unit, you will get 75 gallons of water every day. The water is filtered and re-mineralized to boost its alkalinity and purity level.
Since the entire system is designed and engineered in the US, there is no doubt that it has a construction quality you can always trust. The unit also has a lead-free designer faucet. The parts and tubing on the system are food-grade, and FDA certified.
The fittings are leak-free and quite easy to install, meaning you don’t need to be a professional to fix them up to your favorite place. It’s good also to note that the system has a high-capacity prefilter system and calcite acid neutralizer.
The filters are designed to be strong and durable. You won’t have to replace them now and then. They are long-lasting and do not require regular maintenance. Also, it’s good to know that this RO water filtration system comes with a 2-year warranty.
- It includes a comprehensive 6-stage filtration system ideal for re-mineralization and cleansing
- It comes packed with all the necessary fittings, parts, and tubing
- You don’t need to be a professional to install this water filtration system in your kitchen
- The system has exclusive carbon block filters suitable for removing bad taste and terrible chlorine
- It has a reasonable water production efficiency rate of 75 gallons a day
- The water dispensed by this water filtration system tastes good as it includes healthy minerals
- The unit has super easy to follow and understand installation instructions
- Its filters need to be replaced every so often
- It’s a bit bulky and eats up much kitchen spacing
10. Express Water ROALK10DCG 10 Stage Reverse Osmosis System Review
The 10th in our list of the best RO water filters is the Express water RO system. This system has 10 filtration stages that make it one of the most efficient and reliable systems for purifying household water in these reviews.
It stands out from the rest when it comes to performance and usability. One feature that makes the model stand out is the quality and delicious mineral water which you can always dispense on demand.
This model efficiently produces about 100 gallons of water daily thanks to its superb working ability. The water is dispensed at a high pressure of up to 80 PSI. There are simple modules properly labeled and detailed to make the installation procedure simple and easy.
The filters have lifelong durability as they only need to be placed once in a year. With this water filtration system in place, you can always drink mineralized and pure water on demand.
The system comes packed with multiple filters including but not limited to standard sediment filters, alkaline filters, carbon, and granular filters, and reverse osmosis membranes.
This system is efficient enough to remove all water contaminants and add it with minerals to make it tasteful. This RO unit also boasts a superb flow rate of about 0.8 gallons every minute. All the components are color-coded, so you won’t have to guess around when installing it yourself. Speaking of installation, you don’t need any special tools to get it fixed.
After you purchase this 10-stage alkaline RO system, you will get a tank, clear housing, and pressure gauge. This RO filtration system comes with the needed hardware to make the installation easy. It will surprise how easy the connect designs and color labels are. All these make it easier for you to fix the fittings and systems.
- The unit has a 10-stage filtration system that ensures the quality and purity of the water dispensed is topnotch
- The system not only removes all the contaminants in water but also adds it with essential minerals
- You wouldn’t need to replace the filters regularly as it may be the case with other filtration systems
- The system comes with the needed hardware to make installation and maintenance easy
- It is also color-coded, so installing the system won’t be a big deal
- The water dispensed is not only rich in minerals but also delicious
- With this water filtration system, you will get a complete kit, including a stylish brushed nickel faucet, metal storage tank, and filter set
- The water sits in the mineralizer for some time, so it may have some mineral taste
- This RO system makes a lot of noise when automatic backwashing
11. iSpring RCC7AK 6 Stage Reverse Osmosis With Alkaline Remineralization Review
The ISpring RCC7AK 6-stage is a high-capacity water filtration system capable of generating about 75 gallons of clean and filtered water. With this water filtration system, you will get everything ready for installation. You need little to no skills or professional tools to get this water filtration system installed.
The RCC7AK system is made up of cartridge filters installed in a plastic filter holder. These filters aren’t easy to change as they are a bit complex when compared to modular filters. Considering this RO water filtration is from America’s top water filtration brand, it delivers optimal performance. With this RO system, you’ll get purified and mineral-rich water.
This is a high-end water filtration system with a red mineral stone portion that aids to add healthy minerals. The calcite component helps to neutralize your water ph level giving it a superb taste and better smell.
With regard to this system’s efficiency, only 3 gallons of water are wasted from every gallon dispensed. The water is dispensed at varying temperatures and pressure.
To make the installation process more straightforward, this RO water filtration system comes with an installation manual, video, and step-to-step guide. You won’t have to waste so much time trying to read and understand the installation instructions to get the unit installed in your favorite spot in the kitchen.
The RCC7AK stands out as one of the most effective multi-layered filter systems that keep your water safe from hormones, sodium, viruses, contaminants, arsenic, and asbestos.
This system has the most durable filters and six water filtration stages. The fine GAC filter offers topnotch polishing of your water to make it safe and pure for drinking. As for the alkaline re-mineralization, it helps to restore the quality and essential minerals in water to give it a natural taste.
- The re-mineralization feature helps to increase the pH of the water and boost its taste
- It comes with a water leakage alarm on the provided kit
- The system comes with affordable replacement filters
- This RO water filtration system produces about 75 gallons
- The system has the capability to remove 98% of water contaminants like heavy metals, sediments, and chemicals
- This RO Filter includes a 3-year limited warranty and money-back guarantee
- It includes a 4-gallon pre-pressurized water storage tank
- The system doesn’t include UV light to help kill microorganisms and bacteria
- The filters have a very short lifespan
12. APEC ROES 50 5 Stage Reverse Osmosis Water System Review
The APEC Top tier 5-stage is a US-made RO system that packs tons of high-quality features and patented water filtration technologies. That’s the reason it’s rated as an effective system capable of cleaning more than 99 percent of the pathogens and contaminants inside water.
With this water purification system, you can rest assured that your water will be free of over 1000 different types of contaminants. The system can also rectify water mineral imbalances. Get this system to ensure everyone in your home gets quality supply of refreshing and delicious water.
Quite impressive, this system doesn’t generate lots of noise. The unit has a smart and chic design something which makes it uniquely attractive.
Owing to its compact design, it’s quite easy to operate and maintain. Provided you have the necessary plumbing skills, you can get the unit installed under your kitchen sink in no time. The manuals and installation guidelines will make the installation process straightforward and fun.
The APEC Top tier 5-stage includes high-capacity and durable filters. The filters guarantee that you have extensive access to clean drinking water.
The reverse osmosis membrane on this system is long-lasting and can last for about three years before they need replacement. Also, this water filtration system has an artificial language that uses automatic style to shut the machine down once the tank is filled. With this system, you can treat water from virtually all known sources.
Another great feature of the APEC Top tier 5-stage is low maintenance. You only have to change the pre-filters every six months.
- Have the capabilities to remove up to 1000 contaminants, including dust, rust, particles, and microorganisms
- The system employs the technologically advanced filters, which work to deliver clean water on demand
- The filters utilize 3-carbon filters to help remove all pharmaceutical medicals and other water components
- Running the system does not need using electricity. Instead of electricity, it utilizes water to purify water contaminants and impurities
- The system comes with 1-year satisfaction and 30-day full refund
- It has a high capacity and a high-water flow rate
- Includes a functional and leak-free design
- Maintaining and installing the system requires no special tools or skills
- The water has a natural and delicious taste
- It takes longer to fill the water tank
- The system has to attain certain pressure levels for it to realize maximum filtration levels
13. iSpring RCC7 – WQA 5 stage Reverse Osmosis System Review
Maintaining the integrity and purity of your household drinking water has never been this simple. The ISpring RCC7 is a high-capacity 5-stage RO system that comes packed with superb features and classic design.
It’s one simple best alternative to boiling water or using toxic chemicals to maintain the quality and purity of your drinking water. ISpring RCC7 is a renowned USA brand that employs the use of the latest and most advanced materials and components.
It operates without making lots of noise, hence fit for use in places with well water and municipal water supplies. Boasting unmatched performance and reliability, this RO water filtration system has the power to eliminate more than 99 percent of water pollutants.
Customized to be a high-end and powerful water purification system that does more than just filtering water of all existing pollutants, this RO system comes with water a patented water detector, luxury design EU style faucet, and feed water adapter.
The manufacturer offers a 30-day money-back and a year satisfaction guarantee that assures you of value for your money. The unit’s plumbing has been advanced as they are created from brushed nickel and added with stainless steel and ceramic appearance. While the system’s cost may be quite high, the maintenance cost is meager.
The installation process is simple as anyone with some necessary DIY skills can easily install it under their kitchen counter. Use the instructions manual, guideline video, and the installation guide to make the installation process quicker and more straightforward.
Their customer support is fantastic and you can always contact them to get the help you need. As with this system, you will be dispensing about 75 gallons a day. The water dispensed from this RO filtration system is always cleansed of more than 1000 pollutants.
- The system connects to your municipal water lines, which reduces the amount of plastic waste
- This RO water filtration system is made to be easy to install as it includes all the user manuals and installation guidelines
- It employs multi-stage filtration, so the dispensed water is always pure and clean
- Maintaining and using this RO filtration system is secure and straightforward
- The system has a space-saving and compact design, so it will not eat up lots of spacing
- It’s designed to use low energy when in comparison with other RO systems
- The water dispensed from this water filtration system tastes better
- The amount of water wasted is a lot
- It may leak over time
14. Express Water RO5DX 5 Stage Reverse Osmosis Filter Review
When investing in a reverse osmosis system, you don’t have to spend thousands of dollars to get one. The Express Water 5-stage RO water filtration is a pocket-friendly 5-stage water filtration system that works to purify water right from the municipal water lines.
It’s an under-the-sink water filter capable of generating 50 gallons every day. The water flows at a rate of 0.8 gallons every minute.
The water filters in this high-end water filtration system are of high-quality and easy to replace. Installing the system is fun and straightforward, so you can get it completely installed in an hour thanks to the video resources and instruction manual. The system comes with the essentials. The faucet is stylish and fits well for different kitchen types and designs.
The system employs all the essential filtration stages to help remove more 99% contaminants. If you prefer systems that offer a variety of add-ons including UV light stages and re-mineralization, this is what you need.
The Express Water RO5DX has been tested and confirmed to meet the set NSF standards. Water in this filtration system goes through the first stage where rust, sediments, and dust are cleaned after which it is directed to phase two where chemicals, odors, and taste are removed.
The pre-filters in this stage have a RO membrane that works to remove the dissolved solids in water. As with this water filtration, it comes with a money-back guarantee and long-lasting warranty. As with the post-carbon and pre-carbon filters, they help streamline the filtration process to ensure the water dispensed is clean and healthy for drinking. The provided instructors are created to be easy to understand and follow.
- This water filtration system is efficient enough to provide 0.8 gallons of clean and pure water every minute
- The system includes lots of filters that are easy to replace and maintain
- The additional five filters are robust and powerful enough to deliver robust cleaning power
- This RO water filter is simple to operate
- It is efficient enough to remove more than 1000 contaminants
- When installing this water filtration system, you don’t need to have special tools
- It comes with a lifetime and responsive tech customer support
- It comes with a one-year limited warranty
- The unit is not entirely assembled in the United States
- The instructions manual is not as easy as it is proclaimed
15. Countertop Portable 5-Stage Reverse Osmosis Water Filters Review
This is a countertop portable universal RO system that’s known for being compact and stylish. It comes packed with user manuals and installation guides to make the installation process as simple as you can ever imagine.
Since it’s designed to be fitted on the countertop, it has small dimensions and perfect fitting design. It’s good to understand that the unit has wastewater to a pure water ratio of 2.6:1, which stands out as one of the best and most reliable systems.
The system installs directly to the municipal water line, so it lets you know the amount of water wasted. This water filtration system uses a 5-step filtration procedure meaning it can efficiently sieve water of all sediments bigger than 5 microns. That means no matter the source of your water, if it contains dust, rust, and debris, it will be purified and made ready for use.
There are second-stage water filters that work to help remove volatile organic compounds such as chlorine and chemicals. As for the third filter, it’s made up of a durable membrane that’s capable of eliminating about 99% of dissolved water solids, heavy metals, chemicals, and viruses. As for the filters found in the fourth and fifth stages, they are designed to give your water a better taste.
The most exciting part of this water filtration system is that it can be easily installed in a matter of minutes. You don’t need to have any special plumbing skills or equipment to get this RO water system installed in your kitchen or office.
- The system is portable and small. You can get it installed on the kitchen countertop quickly
- The filters are designed to be excellent and efficient enough to block all water contaminants
- It helps improve the taste and quality of your drinking water
- The system is automated, meaning you won’t have to run it manually
- It saves you money on electricity bills and bottled water
- The system encourages the drinking of clean and pure water
- It is easy to maintain and operate
- The system may need ongoing maintenance
- It may clog if not cleaned and maintained regularly
RO Systems Comparison Chart
|Model||Brand||Water Productions (GPD)||Price||Our Rating||Weight||Style||Dimensions|
|Home Master TMULTRA-ERP Ultra Reverse Osmosis System||Home Master||50||$$$$$||8.8||17.35 pounds||w/ Pump||12 x 16 x 20 inches|
|Home Master TMHP HydroPerfection||Home Master||75||$$$$$||9.6||18.75 pounds||Certified frustration-free||5 x 15 x 15 inches|
|Home Master TMAFC-ERP Artesian||Home Master||75||$$$$||9.4||14.5 pounds||Certified frustration-free||12 x 16 x 20 inches|
|Home Master TMAFC Artesian Full Contact||Home Master||50||$$$||9.6||14.1 pounds||Certified frustration-free||20 x 16 x 13 inches|
|iSpring RCC7AK-UV 7-Stage Reverse Osmosis System||iSpring||75||$$$||9.2||31 pounds||Alkaline & UV||14.5 x 5.2 x 19.5 inches|
|APEC Portable Countertop RO Water Filter System||APEC Water Systems||-||$$$||9.2||10 pounds||With Case||15.5 x 6.5 x 6.5 inches|
|Brondell H2O+ Circle Reverse Osmosis Water Filter||Brondell||50||$$$||8.6||14.6 pounds||Non-electric design||13.8 x 9.2 x 16.5 inches|
|Home Master TM Standard Reverse Osmosis Water Filter||Home Master||50||$$$||9.8||15 pounds||Standard||8 x 5 x 15 inches|
|APEC ROES PH75 6 Stage Reverse Osmosis Water System||APEC Water Systems||75||$$$||9.4||25 pounds||High caliber components, double carbon blocks||16 x 5.2 x 17.5 inches|
|Express Water ROALK10DCG 10 Stage Reverse Osmosis System||Express Water||100||$$$||9.4||27 pounds||Alkaline pH+||15 x 14 x 5 inches|
|iSpring RCC7AK 6-Stage Under Sink RO Drinking Water Filter System||iSpring||75||$$||9.2||20 pounds||Alkaline Remineralization||14.5 x 6 x 17 inches|
|APEC ROES 50 5 Stage Reverse Osmosis Water System||APEC Water Systems||50||$$||9.4||25 pounds||High caliber components||16 x 5.2 x 17.5 inches|
|iSpring RCC7 – WQA 5 stage Reverse Osmosis System||iSpring||75||$$||9.2||25 pounds||Certified frustration-free||14.5 x 5.2 x 17.5 inches|
|Express Water RO5DX 5 Stage Reverse Osmosis Filter||Express Water||50||$$||9.2||31 pounds||Certified frustration-free||16.2 x 18.8 x 18.1 inches|
|Countertop Portable 5-Stage Reverse Osmosis Water Filters||Reverse Osmosis Revolution||75||$||8.6||5 pounds||Chrome metal 2-way diverter||14 x 7 x 7 inches|
Buying Guide – Things To Consider Before Buying
Reverse osmosis systems are available in plenty and diverse designs and varieties. You’ve seen a variety of such options above, so make that step to select the best. However, even when the best systems are presented to you, it will be complex to choose the right one if you don’t know what to consider.
1. Cost And Budget
One crucial consideration those buying RO filtration systems should consider is the cost of the filters and their budget. Reverse osmosis filtration systems are available in prices ranging from 150 dollars to about 8000 dollars.
Advanced RO filtration systems include high-end features like auto flush, re-mineralization, automatic shut on and off functions, and lots more. You will also get some RO systems that have essential elements for adding nutrients and better taste to your water.
Never settle for less if you wish to get value for the investment you make. Buying a RO system on the lowest price-range only risks you getting a low-quality product that won’t serve you for long. Compare top brands and get a product that has tons of excellent client reviews and ratings.
2. Size Of The RO System
Regardless of where you want to install the RO water filtration system, get one that doesn’t take up the entire kitchen spacing.
Look out for a compact but efficient water filtration system that fits well in the available kitchen counter or under-sink spacing. It’s advisable to measure the available kitchen spacing and try searching for a system whose dimensions match the provided spacing.
Returning a filtration system to get a replacement takes time and money, and I am sure you wouldn’t want to deal with such inconveniences. Check out with the product’s customer care support to help you select a water filtration system that meets your kitchen spacing requirements.
3. System’s Ease Of Use
The system you buy should be personalized to simplify ease of use. Since the system will be used on a daily basis, it should have a simple design that allows for easy use.
Your loved ones want a RO filtration system with easy to change filters. Even if you are a stay-at-home mom or dad, you wouldn’t have all the time to clean a water filtration system daily. That’s why you should settle for a water filtration system that is simple to clean and maintain. It would be even better if you settle for a system that has an automated cleaning cycle.
4. Amount Of Water Wasted
One common issue with RO systems is that they aren’t 100% efficient as they waste lots of water. It’s angering to understand that most RO systems can only recover an optimal of 15% of the purified water. While the dispensation of wastewater helps ensure the delivery of clean drinking water, getting a system that wastes lots of water only adds up to your daily expenditure. That’s true since more electricity is used to power the filtration processes while more water is dispensed as waste.
The good news is there are tons of high-end water filtration systems that can dispense clean drinking water and minimal wastewater. Look out for such systems if you want your experience using RO water filtration systems to be a fun and lucrative one. A system that has an eco-friendly certification will be a good bet as it doesn’t release lots of wastewater.
5. Type Of RO Water Filtration System
Reverse osmosis water filtration systems are sold in two main options; commercial and residential. There are lots of differences between systems made to be used in residential settings from those made to be utilized in industrial areas.
Commercial-grade RO water filtration systems have powerful water dispensation features while those for residential areas dispense water at lower rates. The high-pressure water rates help to ensure that enough water is filtered to meet the increased demand. The pressure rating for a commercial RO system ranges from 100 to 250 PSIG.
The performance of any of the two systems is widely dependent on the built-in membrane and the water source. Whichever water filtration system you decide to buy, always keep in mind that commercial-grade water filtration systems are costlier.
That’s because they have additional features such as fuel gauges, electrical supplies, monitors, and pumps. Commercial-grade water filtration systems can only be installed on the wall, floor, or frames while residential-grade systems are designed to be installed under the sink.
6. The System’s Effectiveness
Reverse osmosis systems are rated differently when it comes to effectiveness. The efficiency of these systems usually depends on the type of filters used and the number of stages the water is passed through.
Systems with more filtration systems include more features for removing contaminants such as sand, chlorine, and dirt. It’s always best to settle for systems with more than five stages since the more stages water is passed through, the purer it comes out.
Check the performance rating of the reverse osmosis water filtration system online. Customer reviews will significantly help you in making a more informed purchase decision.
7. The Amount Of Water Filtered Per Day
Different RO filtration systems have varying efficiency rates. The amount of water a system can filter in a single day depends on the size and brand.
Checking out the system specs and technical details will help you better understand how much water a system can generate in a day. The standard sizes common with the majority of water filtration systems include 100 gallons, 80, and 50 gallons.
In case you have limited kitchen spacing, it would be good to go with a 50-gallon water filtration system. In case you have a bigger spacing, you may need to consider a reverse osmosis water filtration system that can efficiently pump about 80 gallons or more a day.
8. Ease Of Installation
Different water filtration systems come with different manuals, instructions, and video instructions. Whatever RO system you choose, you wouldn’t want to pay an extra penny to get it installed in your office or house.
There are advanced water filtration systems that have easy to understand installation guides and compact designs that allow for simple installation. Whether the installed is designed to be installed under the counter, on the wall, or counter, it would be great you get a unit you can easily install on your own without needing to use specific tools or have any plumbing skills.
9. System’s Estimated Lifespan
All RO water filtration systems have different lifespans. There are those designed to last for years before they need to be replaced.
A RO water filtration system lifespan is dependent on a variety of things including but not limited to the construction, brand, and the durability of the features.
Always search for water filtration systems that have strong and durable filters. You should as well search for a brand that is reputed and reliable.
Find a water filtration that comes with warranties and money-back guarantee. I am sure you wouldn’t want to purchase a system that will give you a hard time repairing it soon after the purchase, and that’s why I advise you get a system that includes an active warranty and money-back guarantee.
10. Filtration Quality
Find a RO filtration system that uses the latest technologies. A system with semipermeable membrane and other pre-filters will be a good deal as it will help eradicate all the toxic elements and compounds.
The majority of RO filtration system brands boast of eliminating about 99% of water contaminants. Since it may not always be true, using a TDS meter to examine the systems efficiency rate is recommended.
For anyone who doesn’t know, a TDS is a total dissolved solids meter that works to check the quality of the filtered water in comparison with that in the source. Other essential considerations to help you tell the abilities of a water filtration system are WQA and NSF certifications. Products certified by these organizations are always the best as they meet the set quality standards.
Frequently Asked Questions About RO Filtration Systems
Here are most of the commonly asked questions regarding reverse osmosis technology and systems.
What Is RO?
RO stands for reverse osmosis- a renowned water filtration technology that involves removing a majority of water contaminants by pushing water through a semipermeable membrane under pressure.
What Is The Difference Between RO Water And Distilled Water?
Reverse osmosis water is very different from distilled water – but both are safe to drink. In general sense, mineral water refers to water that has been purified, treated, and bottled for drinking.
Mineral water is usually naturally enriched with minerals right from the source: live streams, springs etc. It does not require any form of purification. Most of the water that we get from the store isn’t necessarily from these sources, though. But it has been purified and minerals added.
Reverse osmosis water, on the other hand, is water that has been passed through semi-permeable membranes to get rid of most of the contaminants.
This membrane eliminates chlorine, metals, bacteria, and other forms of impurities thereby making it absolutely safe for drinking.
However, keep in mind that that most Reverse Osmosis water treatment systems also remove minerals from the water. The good news is that some of the latest models in our best reverse osmosis systems reviews above are engineered to retain the minerals.
How Does Reverse Osmosis Filtration System Work?
Assuming that you already understand what reverse means, let’s remind ourselves what osmosis is. Osmosis refers to the natural movement of molecules of a solvent from a less concentrated solution to a solution that has a higher concentration through a semipermeable membrane.
In reverse osmosis, it’s the opposite that happens. Water molecules move from a solution of water contaminants leaving you with pure drinkable water on one side and most of the contaminants on the other side.
Since reverse osmosis goes against the principles of osmosis, energy in form of pressure has to be applied to make it a success.
That’s why reverse osmosis filtration systems utilize a pump that pushes the contaminated water through a special semi-permeable reverse osmosis membrane.
Is It Healthy To Drink Water Filtered Via RO Systems?
Reverse osmosis is a world-wide water filtration technology widely known for its efficiency and reliability. Water filtration systems that employ this technology dispense the purest and cleanest water ever.
So far, various studies have been conducted to determine the goodness of the water filtered through reverse osmosis. Of all the studies, none has warned people against drinking water filtered using this technology. That simply means drinking RO water is right for your health.
What Is The Best RO Water Filtration System For You?
There is no one RO water filtration system that’s good for everyone. People have varying tastes and preferences; hence, what may be right for you may not work for your friend.
There are so many things to put in mind when deciding which water filtration system to buy. Among such things are where to install the system, the number of people who will be drinking from the water filter, and the amount you have ready to spend. It’s always advisable you find the best water filtration system for your sort of needs and desires.
Should I Settle For Certain Water Filtration Brands?
Just like it is the case with all other products, the brand of a water filtration system matters a lot. There are some top brands with a good reputation and high ratings which are widely known for manufacturing the most efficient and reliable RO systems.
There are other top brands known for making user-friendly products that need no skills to install. Whatever RO water filtration brand you select, you have to check its reputation and rating online.
That’s to avoid the inconveniences linked with settling for wrong products from untrusted manufacturers.
What’s The Lifespan Of RO Water Filter Cartridge?
Modern water filtration systems come with either washable or none washable RO filter cartridges. Systems with non-washable water filter cartridges should be changed at least once every year.
As for systems with washable RO membranes, they can serve for two years if they are washed correctly and as per guidelines.
Why Are Reverse Osmosis Filtration Systems So Popular?
It’s no doubt that reverse water filtration systems are quite on-demand today. The popularity of RO filtration systems has been triggered by many factors, one of which is its ability to generate fresh and pure water on demand.
RO water filtration systems are cost-effective as you wouldn’t need to keep on buying water bottles regularly. That means they are the real solutions for anyone who wants to drink pure water without needing to invest a lot on the same.
Where Are RO Filtration Systems Designed To Be Installed?
The compact and chic design of RO filtration systems require they be mounted under kitchen sink or countertops.
Some systems have a simple design that ensures they can comfortably be fitted under or over the counter. It’s good to choose RO systems, which can be installed conveniently on your desired locations in your kitchen.
Are RO Filtration Systems A Worth Purchase?
There is no doubt that RO systems are a real deal for many households and offices. Since they have the power to eliminate about 99% of the contaminants in water, they are super-efficient and work in a fantastic way to eradicate all pollutants that make water unhealthy for human consumption.
These systems do purify, clean, and add essential minerals to your water, which make it more delicious and healthier for drinking.
How Many Gallons Of Water Can A RO System Generate Daily?
The quantity of water a reverse osmosis system can generate daily usually differs. There are systems capable of producing as much as 100 gallons a day and others which generate as low as 16 gallons.
It’s up to you to decide what system to buy depending on the number of people who will be drinking from such a system every day.
Do RO Systems Make Excessive Noise While In Use?
Reverse Osmosis water filters especially the modern ones don’t generate extreme noise when in use. They do make noise, but it’s not too high to cause any disturbance.
The most average system will make light humming sounds when processing and dispensing water. Owing to the limited intensity of the sound produced, anyone behind the walls of your kitchen may never know when the system is in use.
Should I Connect My RO System To My Household Power Sockets?
While some reverse osmosis units need the power to operate, the majority of the modern systems don’t. Most of these systems depend on water pressure to filter and clean your water, making it healthy for drinking. That means adding a RO system to your household won’t increase your electricity bills.
Are There Any Health Benefits To Drinking RO Water?
There are real benefits to drinking water that has been purified and filtered using a high-end reverse osmosis system.
First, these systems remove almost all the contaminants found in drinking water. By so doing, they save you from the underlying health dangers associated with drinking water that is contaminated with chemicals and toxic elements.
Can Install A RO System Benefit The Environment In Any Way?
Once you install RO systems, you will say goodbye to purchasing bottled water regularly. This in return will help reduce the amount of footprint released to the atmosphere daily.
Municipal tap water as well as well water is never 100% safe for human consumption. There are so many microorganisms, chemicals, and bacteria present in the water sources which make it not ideal for human usage.
RO water filtration systems are here to solve the main problems related to water filtration. The reverse osmosis technology is known globally as an efficient and powerful technology that cleans water of all the contaminants and makes it safe for human use.
The RO water filtration system market is flooded with a variety of brands and types of products. As a beginner, you may be tempted to settle for the first product you come across while browsing the internet for suggestions.
Doing so will be the biggest bladder you will have ever made in life since you will lose your money paying for a low-quality product that may not give you value for money.
Have a look at our suggestions of the best 15 reverse osmosis water filtration systems so that you can decide which one to consider. The RO system you finally decide to buy should meet your budget, available spacing, and personal preferences.